Requires good fitness.
approx. 8 to 9h
Long trail, steep and rough terrain with height exposure and cliffs at the trail and summit.
insurance + transport* + bilingual ecotour guide (English and Portuguese - Spanish upon request).
transfers (roundtrip) will be provided from several neighborhoods of the South Zone of Rio.*
food, water/drinks, transport out of covered area.
What to take:
ready-to-eat lunch (fruits, sandwich, etc), water (2 liters/person), sunscreen, insect repellent and a small backpack (to keep the hands free). Towel and bathing suit for the waterfall.
What to wear:
athletic clothes and shoes (no sandals!), hat.
Maximum capacity on regular tours:
(260BRL/person) - 6 participants. (email us for bigger groups
990BRL per group (up to 4 participants)
• Visit Tijuca Forest main sector
• Taunay Waterfall (biggest in the park)
• Vista Chinesa (most famous summit of the park)
• Hike to Tijuca Peak (1.021m) highest in the park
• Waterfall shower after the hike
Visit Tijuca Forest
Park’s main sector, its highest waterfall and hike to the highest peak, 1021m (3349ft) above sea level and also the visit Chinese View
one of the most impressive summits of Rio. Within a 4 to 5h hike, experience the nature, the lush and the adventure to be in the heart of a tropical
rainforest. In a loop trail cicuit get to Tijuca Peak
, highest in the park and 2nd highest in Rio and then Tijuca Mirim peak (917m).
From these peaks, incredible panoramic views of the Guanabara Bay, Downtown and the Tijuca Forest valley.
You´ll be 300m higher than the Christ Statue! During the hike, our tour guides will reveal secrets, curiosities and information about the fauna
and flora of the atlantic rainforest. After the hike you’ll be reawarded with a refreshing shower* at Soul’s Waterfall.
The scenery of this tour is amazing and more than nature, it has a lot of adventurous moments when we pass through peaks, rocks and cliffs
revealing views that are not featured in most tours. You’ll also learn and discover a lot about the Brazilian and Rio’s history and the
reforestation that took place in Tijuca Forest
in the XIX century to recover the forest area from coffee plantations.
*The water flow on the falls varies according to the intensity of the rain and sometimes may be not that strong. Please bring towel and bathing suit.
READ BEFORE YOU BOOK:
1) Type of tours:
• Collective (other participants may join): 260BRL/person
• Private (just you and your group – maximum 4 participants): 990BRL total
(for more than 4 participants email us at email@example.com)
- deposit fee on PayPal (110BRL/person) + balance 150BRL/person cash to the tour guide
- total amount cash (260BRL/person) to the tour guide.
3) Required for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers (for insurance).
4) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio, check the list and pick the best meeting point (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
5) Time shown here is an estimation of the start time. We’ll email you on the night before 08:10pm to inform exact pick up time for your meeting point.
6) Total duration can vary due to traffic and other issues, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
7) If any thing goes wrong on the booking process, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.